Sometimes what I love most about summer is the anticipation of summer. Dreaming of long, languid days with nothing to do. Planning trips to the beach and time with friends and family. Doing summer things.
But then I woke up on August 1st and realized that summer is half over. After fretting that I have squandered my summer doing silly grown up things. I resolved to enjoy something about summer every remaining day.
Here is some of what I am planning:
- Eating summer fruit – cherries, peaches and watermelon are my go-to’s in August….easy to make every day taste like summer;
- Making a summer pie…. peach and/or blueberry;
- Visiting the library to lazily browse for books;
- Bringing a chair or blanket to the park and reading borrowed books outside;
- Getting ice cream from an ice cream truck; walking to town and visiting the ice cream place;
- Enjoying outdoor music – the Gazebo Concert Series has a great lineup at the Maplecrest gazebo and I will be there on August 20th to see my fave Autumn Jones;
- Watching an outdoor movie on Floods Hill (click here for lineup);
- Dining al fresco!
These are the things that will help me re-claim and savor my summer…. what are your summer must-do’s?